Monday 2 September 2024

Letter #4 to the Police about Care Failings.

 

A member of the public became concerned at one of my tweets in March 2023 and contacted the police. In turn they sent round a police-constable in the wee-small-hours. So, note than none of my previous three letters (see earlier posts) prompted this contact.

My fourth, but not last, letter (below) with my local police also went unanswered, at least as far as my advocate and myself are aware.




*


Dear [redacted],



Incident #: [redacted]



Many thanks for attending a couple of nights ago. Apologies it has taken me a couple of days to respond, but after adrenaline-rushes I crash for a couple of days. My mind cleared yesterday evening and I meant to email you then but, due to poor active-memory, it slipped my mind. I have now drunk some coffee (stimulant) for the first time in a couple of weeks so I can write to you. There will be a further minor relapse in my health the next couple of days.


I had attempted to send four documents to the Chief Inspector, three letters to himself as head of GMP and a copy of a letter to the unknown social-worker at Trafford Council on communication. There are a couple of updates to the latter.


(i) [Redacted], my housemate, changed his mobile-provider six weeks ago and since that date he has had no access to many of his telephone’s functions including Facebook & Messenger. Effectively, other than sending him an email, I have no way of currently contacting him or he me.


(ii) Without my anxiety medication, my levels of anxiety have hit sky-high, which means I have been avoiding more and more quotidian activities. Not only avoiding email, but also some social-media (SM) in order to not be triggered into an anxiety- or full-blown panic-attack.


(iii) Effectively I currently have no means of being in two-way communication with any agency whatsoever. This will not change until my anxiety is back under control. Without medication, this will not occur. It is a catch-22 situation. Even then, with my poor cognitive-abilities - which effect me the vast majority of the time - I should still need to have a clear-headed day to attack email.


The documents I hope to send are:


1. letter to Stephen Watson dated [redacted] December 202[2];


2. letter to Stephen Watson dated [redacted] February 2023;


3. letter to Stephen Watson dated [redacted] February 2023;


4. letter to Trafford social-worker dated [redacted] January 2023.



On 3rd March I shared the following on my SM:


“Lying abed worrying about my future, and it just struck me: why has the #DistrictNurse not been coming round to administer my daily medications? 


Could it be that Trafford Council’s Re-ablement team did not bother to apprise them?

Could it be that Trafford Council’s ASS (adult social services) did not bother to apprise them?

Could it be my G.P. did not bother to apprise them?


No daily medications for three months!”


Trafford Council were tagged on Facebook & Twitter and hashtagged on LinkedIN.


Finally, I want to thank you for your professionalism when you were here. You remained calm & re-assuring, which meant I did not spiral into an anxiety- nor a panic-attack. Thank you for listening and for your time. Much appreciated.



Sincerely,



Colin



Colin-Roy Hunter B.Ed.(Hons.) Esq.

[redacted]


*


I forwarded the very same day, the documents referenced above, to the selfsame police email address, supplied by the visiting officer.


*





No comments:

Post a Comment