Tuesday 27 August 2024

Letter #3 to the Police about Care Failings


Here is the third letter to Greater Manchester Police (G.M.P.), along with various other relevant persons/agencies, sent approximately two months after letter #2 (see previous post). Again, neither my advocate nor myself received any responses.




*
 
Colin-Roy Hunter B.Ed.(Hons.) Esq.

[Redacted]

Chief Inspector of Greater Manchester Police

Stephen.Watson@gmp.police.uk


Cc. Graham Brady MP for Altrincham & Sale West

altsale@parliament.uk


Cc. Sara Todd, CEO Trafford Council

sara.todd@trafford.gov.uk


Cc. Dr. [redacted], Consultant at [redacted, hospital]


Cc. Dr. [redacted], G.P. at [redacted, medical practice]


Cc. [Redacted], housemate



VIA Email


[Redacted] February 2023


Dear Chief Inspector,


Breaches of Care Act, Assault & Trespass


SECOND REMINDER


Further to my letters to you dated [redacted] December 2022 and emailed on [redacted] December, entitled “Urgent Safeguarding Needs”, and my follow-up letter dated [redacted] December 2021 (sic - 2022) and emailed on [redacted] December, I note I have not had the courtesy of a response.



CURRENT SITUATION


I have had no medications since [redacted] December, i.e. for 64 days (2 months; 9 weeks), including anxiety, circulation and ulcer medications.


I have had 3 hydration-system refills (needed daily at least) in 64 days, each time during a visit by my ex-boyfriend; thus effectively 61 days without the hydration-system. In that time it has not been washed nor sanitised.


I have had no meals (due to no-one available) on 7 out of the past 64 days; only one meal per day on 51 of the last 64 days (usually after 20.00 when housemate returns from work &/or hospital visits); two meals on 5 out of the past 64 days; three meals on 1 out of the past 64 days (Christmas Day).


I have had no snack-bowl (fruit & cereal-bars) - a daily requirement - on 61 of the past 64 days.


I have had to survive on a single cup of water for some 20-22 hours/day over the majority of the past 64 days.


I have had no heat-pads for 64 days, which combined with no circulation meds, means I have been and am suffering from cold in my extremities. Sporadic bleeding has now returned to my toes


I have had no face-wipes over the past 64 days; no washes over past 64 days; no showers over past 64 days; but I have had 9 baths (6 supervised by housemate; 3 by ex-boyfriend - I usually average one bathe each week).


I have not brushed my teeth on 63 out of 64 days. The single occasion was supervised by my ex-boyfriend. I recall to mouth-wash occasionally (once or twice per week) when in the en suite.


Etc., etc.


My weight dropped from 68.2kg to 65.0kg in the first 10 days due to lack of food & water. However, due to Yuletide, housemate gave me lots of confectionery, cakes, pastries, bread, cheese, etc., I am currently 66.0kg. Housemate has been adding butter to almost everything, e.g. atop potaoes, veggies, meat. This kind of diët is not sustainable as it is too high in sugar & fats, and lacks fruit & veggies, so can only be viewed as a short-term stop-gap.



NAUSEA


“Chronic Nausea” continues on an almost daily basis. Recall that the NHS advice advises to: “take regular sips of a cold drink” & “eat smaller, more frequent meals”.



MIGRAINES


A couple of days ago I came out of a 13 consecutive day cluster of migraines. Migraine is item [redacted] on the Carer FAQ document and is covered by items [redacted] on my Conditions etc. list. Migraines are aggravated by lack of hydration.



ANXIETY


Almost anything is now triggering anxiety- or panic-attacks. It is increasingly difficult for me to remain calm. I now invariably wake from sleep in the midst of an attack.



INSOMNIA


The anxiety is having a knock-on effect on my sleep. For the past few weeks I have not been getting anywhere near average sleep. Mostly I have been sleeping in 2-3 hour spurts. Per Fitbit almost all my sleep quality - when it has enough time to calculate - is poor or fair (not good nor excellent). This is demonstrably worse since the carers were withdrawn.



LEGAL LETTER


I have still not received the letter from Trafford Council’s legal department, promised by the manager of Trafford’s Re-ablement Team - see first letter for details.



COMMUNICATION


On [redacted] January I sent an email to Trafford Council containing a letter dated [redacted] January 2023 for Trafford ASS in relation to my “Issues with Communication”. Receipt was confirmed same day. It is becoming increasingly difficult for me to communicate with the outside-world, let alone face to face. I am appending a copy for your records and attention.



SAFEGUARDING


A safeguarding-review ought to have been carried out after each complaint to Trafford Council/Trafford Re-ablement Team/Trafford social-workers/Trafford Councillors/etc. Instead my complaints about failings were not acted upon - had they been, my health may not have deteriorated so drastically! Obviously, we are well past Trafford Council acting with regards any safeguarding-review. Furthermore I should not trust them to act objectively at this point based on their in/actions thus far.

I have lodged complaints with you, Chief Inspector, and thus should appreciate you taking action to safeguard my health & wellbeing, as bodies & individuals that/who ought to have done so have failed and continue to do so.

Housemate’s mother sadly passed away on Saturday gone. He is even more distrait than ever.

My health & wellbeing will continue to deteriorate until appropriate measures are put in place.

I look forward to hearing from you, Chief Inspector.

Yours,

Colin-Roy Hunter







No comments:

Post a Comment