Wednesday 7 May 2014

equanimity


[For MDP]



equanimity


two heads
two steeds
composure ripped
to shreds
stiff upper-lip
lost
swapped
for something else stiff
but what the cost
atavistic ardour
blood boils
evaporating sang-froid
in steamy fervour

what have you done to me
what have you done with me
do I need to see a priest
confession
or
exorcism
what have you released
in me
some ravenous beast
salivating
priapic
burning with lust
the young red wolf
eponymous
nomenclature

I should love to lie with you again
to imbibe your caramel-cream musk
to wipe the perspiration from your fevered brow
to caress your beautiful face
to stroke your beard
to cup your head
to kiss your curves
to lick your body
to suckle on your nipples
I want so much more…

awoken
a dormant libido
I never knew I had
thinking warmly
of your smile
your touch
your kiss
your embrace
your heat
and hot myself
erections aplenty
but passion dampens
with realisation
we two
are too
distraído
to organise
and uphold
any affinity

what have you done
where has it gone
my equanimity





 [Image description: copy of The Charioteer]

Some of the references in poem are to the allegory of the charioteer, which can be found in Phædrus by Plato and in Mary Renault's The Charioteer.

No comments:

Post a Comment