Friday 19 May 2023

A Song for People with MECFS


Each year May is designated International M.E. Awareness Month (#InternationalMEAwarenessMonth) aka M.E. Awareness Month (#MEAwarenessMonth). The blue hearts 🩵 💙 or blue ribbons one might come across especially this month represent those of us suffering from Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (M.E.), often termed Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), as well as those with Fibromyalgia (pwFM) or Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome (PVFS). The colour is taken from the flower forget-me-not, because most folk and the serious ramifications of this incurable and thus far untreatable illness are hidden from society at large. Now, post-Covid19, it effects more than 500,000 in the UK alone on a very conservative estimate.

I struggle to compose blogs these days. However, this post is made up of snippets previously posted on my social-media.

*

Avi Kaplan’s song “I’ll Get By” could be the theme-tune for folk with M.E., especially those of us suffering from severe ME. I love that the hashtag equates to #IllGetBy, which can be read as the actual title or as the ill get by. 💙

Below is the video which links to YouTube.




Full lyrics & credits follow:



I’ll Get By



Early in the morning

I feel stones upon my chest

That I carry to the evening

'Til I lay back down to rest


But I'll, I'll, I'll

I'll get by

I'll, I'll, I'll

I'll get by


I'm tired and growing weary

Of these clouds that follow me

Swallowed by the shadows

When it's sunshine that I need


But I'll, I'll, I'll

I'll get by

I'll, I'll, I'll

I'll get by


I've been feeling hollow

Yeah, my soul just can't be found

So fill me with the feeling

That this song will turn around


Take all my cares away

Lighten my load

Trust it'll be okay

But 'til then I'll go

Onward down the road

Carried by the hope


Then I'll, I'll, I'll

I'll get by

II'll, I'll, I'll

I'll get by


Yeah, I'll, I'll, I'll

I'll get by

I'll, I'll, I'll

I'll get by



Source: Musixmatch

Songwriters: Avi Kaplan / Daniel Ellsworth Mathews

I’ll Get By lyrics © Backfire Publishing


*


For those wishing to know about Avi Kaplan, here is the link to Wikipedia’s article on him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avi_Kaplan


For those wishing to listen to more of Avi Kaplan’s music, here is the link to his YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/@AviKaplanMusic


*





No comments:

Post a Comment