Friday 25 April 2014

#BADD2014 1st May: Blogging Against Disablism Day 2014


[Image description: Blogging Against Disablism logo]

My political sabbatical for the past four months means I am now rather behind the times. Thankfully the lovely hubby of Goldfish was kind enough to prompt me. This was promised for yesterday, but I did not have the kind of day when writing could have been an option. This year's annual Blogging Against Disablism Day falls as ever on the first of May. However, if you happen to suffer on said date, worry not, contributions are still accepted afterwards. Of course, readers can catch up with the archives of submissions at any point, by visiting Diary of a Goldfish.

The hashtag for the day is #badd2014 and you can keep apprised of news of the day by following @BADDtweets on twitter.

Alternatively, those who prefer facebook can follow Blogging Against Disablism Day.

In previous years I have contributed articles on the difficulties of searching for sex and being queer and disabled, Sexual Eunuchs? (2012), and the practical difficulties of sexual encounters, No Sex Please, We're… Disabled! * (2013).

This year I had wanted to continue the theme by looking at sexual positions suitable for different disabilities… But I have run out of time!

Instead, my article will be on something far more prosaic - product packaging - one of my pet hates.

I hope you the reader will get involved; you can be able-bodied and totally healthy; being a disablie is not a requirement.

See you on 1st May 2014…


No comments:

Post a Comment