Tuesday 18 September 2012

Åland Islands

My blog has just notched up its first visit from someone on the Åland Islands. Frankly, I have to admit, I have never heard of them; so had to look them up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Åland_Islands. They are situated between Finland and Sweden.


[Image description: flag of Åland Islands]


[Image description: map of Åland Islands
reproduced with permission (q.v.)]



Thanks for visiting, whoever you were. And how exciting to discover parts of Europe one knew nothing about!

1 comment:

  1. I got one last October. Might even be the same person.

    The one that intrigues me, though, is someone in Churchill, on Hudson Bay. Every summer they drift north and eventually drop out of range, before coming back in the autumn.

    Except this year - they've stayed in Churchill throughout the year. So, mysteries - what do they usually do - hunter? tourist guide (Churchill is famous for Canada geese and polar bears)? - and why not this year? Or did s/he live in the north, and just spend summer in Churchill, and has now settled there?

    Suppose I'll never know.

    ReplyDelete